What could be better than cowboy food-sausages and beans, when camping, well not much and this is a great recipe easy to prepare and enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
What you need?
- Pack of sausages
- Tin of baked beans
- Tin of mixed taco beans/kidney beans
- Tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoons Chilli flakes (optional)
- Garlic (chopped/crushed)
- Olive Oil
What do you need to do?
- Fry sausages & onions until they are golden brown
- Add garlic and fry for a minute
- Add beans, chopped tomatoes & chilli
- Simmer for approx. 20minutes
With what should I serve this?
Perfect to eat with crusty bread or corn bread but also goes well with baked potatoes
- Cook in advance and just reheat on the campfire or camping stove – perfect when arriving late and still needing to pitch and eat.
- If you need the sausages to go further, slice them and add back to the beans, it’s an illusion but it works.
- Leftovers can be used at breakfast on toast/ bread or with a fry up.